BOSTON – Innovasea, a global leader in technologically advanced aquatic solutions for aquaculture and fish tracking, today officially unveiled its Fathom software platform, a set of sophisticated tools that deliver deeper insights faster and make it easier for researchers to manage their oceans of data.
“Researchers love having an abundance of data, but managing all of it can be a major chore,” said Mark Jollymore, Innovasea president. “Fathom solves that problem by simplifying every aspect of data management – from collection and curation to analysis and storage – to free up researchers so they can focus on their primary goal: gaining a deeper understanding of how aquatic animals behave.”
Now available for free are:
- Fathom Mobile – An on-the-go mobile app that enables researchers to use their smartphones and tablets to connect to existing Innovasea receivers and view animal health and detection information in real time. Users can also use it to mark device deployment locations and offload data from their receivers.
- Fathom Central – A single online hub for storing, sharing, managing and visualizing acoustic telemetry data. Fathom Central includes a host of tools to help with every phase of research – from managing metadata without spreadsheets to turning data into insights without the need for specific coding experience.
- Fathom Connect – A powerful desktop application that makes it easy for researchers to configure, initialize and offload data from their receivers (available now for high residency systems, with 69 kHz compatibility coming soon).
The full Fathom platform also includes:
- Fathom Live – Licensed software that supports the Fathom Live Hub and delivers real-time notifications about animal detections and environmental conditions without cabled sensors. The clean, intuitive Fathom Live dashboard also makes it easy to visualize and interpret data.
- Fathom Position – A paid web-based tool that enables researchers to do their own fine-scale positioning with array datasets and generate their own animal tracks.
“Each one of these powerful tools represents a significant step forward for aquatic animal research,” said Jollymore. “When combined they will truly revolutionize how scientists and researchers collect, organize and interpret their data.”
See how Fathom makes it easier for scientists and researchers to manage their oceans of data.
To sign up for Fathom Central, go to www.fathomcentral.com. To download Fathom Mobile, visit Apple’s App Store or the Google Play Store.
Fueled by leading-edge technology and a passion for research and development, Innovasea is revolutionizing aquaculture and advancing the science of fish tracking to make our oceans and freshwater ecosystems sustainable for future generations. With 250 employees worldwide, we provide full end-to-end solutions for fish farming and aquatic species research – including quality equipment that’s efficient and built to last, expert consulting services, and innovative platforms and products that deliver unrivaled data, information and insights.
Director of Communications