Last updated: April 27, 2020
Innovasea wants you to benefit from the information and services available on our website – www.innovasea.com – secure in the knowledge that we have implemented fair and transparent information policies and practices designed to protect your privacy.
This Privacy Notice describes our policies and practices regarding our collection and use of personal information about users of the website and sets forth your privacy rights. This Privacy Notice does not apply to information we collect through other means, including offline or via any other website operated by a third party.
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time, and any such revisions will be reflected by the effective date above. Please revisit this page to stay aware of any changes. Any information that we collect from you will be used in accordance with the version of this Privacy Notice in effect at the time that the information was collected, unless we receive your consent to change our practices with respect to previously collected information.
Who We Are
Innovasea is a Delaware corporation with offices in Boston, Massachusetts, in the United States. Innovasea’s full contact information is provided at the end of this Privacy Notice.
Innovasea has appointed an internal privacy officer for you to contact if you have any questions or concerns about Innovasea’s information privacy policies or practices. Please direct such inquiries to email@example.com.
Why We Collect Your Information
Innovasea collects personal information about users of innovasea.com to personalize and continually improve your experience on our website and provide you and users like you with information about our company and the services we offer, including by:
- providing you with the support services and information you request, including price quotes, newsletters and notifications;
- providing you with the ability to apply for career opportunities;
- improving our services and operations; and
- performing statistical and demographic analyses of users of innovasea.com and their interactions with our website.
How We Collect Your Information
The information we collect about users of our website comes to us in several different ways.
Information you provide to us: When you request information or otherwise contact us by completing a form available on the website, you may choose to disclose information about you, including your name, email address and phone number.
Information that is automatically collected: Like many websites, Innovasea may use web analytics tools that rely on cookies, web beacons, and other automated means of data collection to help us analyze how users interact with and use the website, improve the website, optimize the website for your particular device and browser settings, and for purposes of interest-based advertising. Information that is automatically collected may include information about your computer and internet connection (including your IP address, operating system, and browser type) and information about your use of our website (including your browsing activities and information about any referring website, search engine, social media platform, or link). Information that is automatically collected does not include personally identifiable information, however, we may link information collected automatically to personally identifiable information that you have provided directly to us (see the above section titled “Information you provide to us”), or that we have collected from third parties or other sources (see the section titled “Information from third parties and other sources”).
Cookies and Web Beacons. This section provides more information about the automated means of data collection that Innovasea may use, including cookies and web beacons, and how these technologies work.
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on the browser of the hard drive of your computer (or similar device) by websites that you visit. Cookies may be either “first-party cookies” or “third-party cookies.” Cookies that are set by the website you are accessing are first-party cookies (e.g., cookies placed by Innovasea on our website are first-party cookies). Cookies that are set by a party that is not the owner of the website you accessing are third-party cookies. Cookies may also be either “session cookies” or “persistent cookies.” Session cookies allow a website to temporarily link a visitor’s actions during a unique browser session, and once the visitor closes the browser, all session cookies are deleted. “Persistent cookies” remain on a visitor’s device for the duration specified in the cookie, or until the cookie is otherwise deleted.
A web beacon (also known as a pixel or a clear GIF) is a small transparent graphic image that may be placed on a website or, sometimes, in an email. Web beacons are often used for analytics purposes, and can be used in connection with cookies to gain an understanding of how a website’s visitors navigate through the website and how they process website content.
Our website uses the following categories of cookies, web beacons, and social media plug-ins:
- Strictly necessary cookies – these cookies are used for the sole purpose of (i) carrying out a communication over an electronic network, or (ii) providing services that you explicitly request.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies help us recognize you when you visit our website and remember your previously selected preferences, which may include your user name, what language you prefer, and the region in which you are located.
- Performance (analytic) cookies and web beacons – these cookies and web beacons collect information about how you use our website, such as which pages you visit most often and whether you encountered any error messages. These technologies do not collect information that identifies you personally; they only collect data points that are aggregated and therefore anonymous. We use these types of cookies and web beacons to improve our website’s performance. Performance cookies and web beacons used on our website may be first-party technologies placed by us, or third-party technologies placed by data analytics service providers. One third-party data analytics service provider we use is Google Analytics. The information collected by Google Analytics’ cookies will be transmitted to and stored by Google and will be subject to Google’s privacy policies, which can be viewed by clicking here (“Welcome to the Google Privacy Notice”). To learn more about Google’s partner services and to learn how to opt out of tracking of analytics by Google, click here (“How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps”).
- Social media plug–ins– We embed certain social media widgets in our website to allow you to like, share, or recommend our webpages. These widgets may collect your IP address, store and retrieve cookies on your browser, embed additional automatic data collection technologies, and monitor your interaction with the widget, including correlating your social media account with whatever action you take within the widget. For more information about how this information may be used, please refer to the applicable social media company’s own privacy notice.
We may also use first-party and third-party advertising cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, including the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. This information may be used to deliver advertisements that are particularly relevant to you, based on your interests, and may also be used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement and measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
How to Manage Cookies: You can set your browser not to accept cookies (either all cookies or only third-party cookies), or to indicate when a cookie is being sent to your computer. You may also remove cookies from your browser, instructions for which can be found at the website www.allaboutcookies.org. However, in a few cases, by setting your browser to reject cookies or by removing cookies that have been set, some of our website’s features may not function properly.
Information from third parties and other sources: We may supplement the information we collect through the website with information from third parties and information we collect through other means, such as offline or through other websites.
When and How We Share Information with Others
Except as described in this Privacy Notice, Innovasea will not share your personal information with third parties.
Service Providers: We have service providers that perform functions on our behalf, including hosting, content management, and analytics. These entities may have access to personal information if necessary or useful to performance of their functions. If obtaining such access, these third parties will be subject to confidentiality and security obligations with respect to such data.
Advertising: Innovasea may share information collected on the website automatically via advertising cookies with third parties for advertising purposes. This means, for example, that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
Law Enforcement / Protection: Innovasea reserves the right to share information about you where Innovasea believes that such disclosure is necessary to comply with a legal requirement, such as a subpoena or court order, or to protect the rights or property of Innovasea, you, or third parties.
Consent: Innovasea may share your information in any other manner to which you consent.
Protection of Your Information
Innovasea makes reasonable efforts to guard your personal information against accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We update and test our security technology on an ongoing basis. We restrict access to your personal information to those Innovasea staff who need to know that information to provide benefits or services to you. In addition, we train our Innovasea staff about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of your information.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we take measures to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its security. Any transmission of personal information to or using our website is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website.
Your Choices and Rights
Note for European Economic Area Residents: while we are based in the United States, insofar as we may from time to time process personal data of individuals in the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, or the United Kingdom, which processing may be subject to the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), please note the following:
- We will only process your personal data to the extent applicable law allows us to do so.
- The United States has not sought nor received a finding of “adequacy” from the European Union under article 45 of the GDPR. We rely on derogations for specific situations as set forth in article 49 of the GDPR. In particular, we collect and transfer to the U.S. personal information only: with your consent; to perform a contract with you; or to fulfill a compelling legitimate interest in a manner that does not outweigh your rights and freedoms.
- If you have any complaints regarding our privacy practices or how we handle any requests you make in accordance with the “rights and requests” section above (which requests you may have a legal right to make and we may have a legal obligation to honor, as dictated by applicable law), you may also lodge a complaint with your national data protection authority.
This Privacy Notice applies only to information collected by Innovasea.com and not to other websites that you may link to from here. Innovasea is not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites. Please be aware that when you leave this website, you should read the privacy policies of other websites that ask you to provide personal information.
Innovasea does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 (or 16 in Europe). If we learn that we have collected personal information from children under the age of 13 (or older, if applicable law provides for different protections), then unless we obtain parental consent to use or maintain that information, we will delete it.
For further information or comments on our Privacy Notice, please contact our privacy officer at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact Innovasea at the following address:
266 Summer Street
Boston, Massachusetts 02210
Phone number: 617-862-0568